Tuesday, March 14, 2006


In Crossroads Sunday school this week, Matt Brown shared some practical ways to share our faith. A great idea he presented was a '5 Friends' card. On this small piece of paper, we can write down the names of 5 friends that we'll commit to pray for each day, trusting that God will use us to bring them to Christ. I can't think of many things we can do that our closer to the heart of God than this. If you weren't able to get a card, they'll be available tomorrow night in Crossroads. Perhaps you can invite one of these 5 individuals to 'Italy Nite', where they'll see that church can be relevant, and a whole lot of fun!

Has anyone started to pray through their card yet? Let us know how it's going!

4 comments:

gmledbetter said...

I also think this is a great idea. I've had a problem in the past of just categorizing friends and family into a group that I pray for, instead of going over names and really praying for them as individuals with their given situations. It will also force me to spend more time in prayer, which I definitely need.

EC

Jon Brooks said...

I like these cards because they serve as a reminder of who we've prayed for, and we can see the change in their lives before our eyes. I'm thrilled to hear that you guys are praying for your friends, and we should see lots more 'prodigals' come to Christ. Also, 4 people raised their hands for salvation Wednesday!

Jon Brooks said...

Tim,

I just called your house to ask you to go to lunch! I called at 11:00 a.m. this morning. Your comment here didn't post until 12:45 p.m. today. Want to go? Give me a call here at the church, I'm starving!

Anonymous said...

Tim didn't answer his phone because he was on a lunch date with me. I'm sorry Jon but you will have to find someone else to take out to lunch, Tim's all mine.

Twilla